Our Pre-Apprenticeship program is a great way to start exploring a career in becoming an Insulator and Asbestos Worker for Local 5. There is no experience required to work in the trade our contractors are willing to do on the job training.
2023 Application Dates
- January 3
- April 3
- July 3
- October 2
- Applications are given out on the 1st Monday of the following Quarterly Months: January, April, July, October, at 8:00 am (Sharp), at our facility.
- Facility Address: 3833 Ebony Street, Ontario CA 91761
- Processing time is approximately 3-4 hours per applicant. Fraction-based math exams will be issued at that time.
- Anyone showing up after 8:00 a.m. will be processed the next scheduled application date.
Qualifications and Documents Needed
- Valid California driver’s license.
- Original Social Security card. (No substitutes)
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be physically able to perform the work the trade requires.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English Language.
- Anyone not having the documents required will be asked to leave and return with the proper paperwork on the next scheduled Monday
Upon Arrival, required documents will be collected. You will then be prompted to fill out the application, and a fraction-based math test will be administered soon after. In order to proceed to the next steps of the application process, you must pass the math exam with 70% or higher. Those who score anything lower will not be considered for the program. Applicants can always continue to apply on the next scheduled application date if they do not meet the math exam requirements.